- Quite similar in features to Sony MZ-R909, but with
battery life of the Sony
MZ-N1. Differs from MZ-R909 as follows:
- It lacks Joint-Text, a
feature for copying track titles from CD-Text type CDs to MD. (Given
that most CD-Text CDs had copy-prohibited titles, and that a special
cable and Sony CD player was required, the feature's disappearance is
- LCD pixels and symbols are black instead of th MZ-R909's blue.
- Magnesium shell makes the unit a bit lighter than the MZ-R909.
- Case edges are more contoured than the MZ-R909 (see T-board comments).
- Personal Disc Memory (remembers program play, treble & bass,
repeat mode, playback speed (80-110%), and volume settings for up to 20
discs within the unit.)
- Available in silver, blue and pink.
- Playback speed control without pitch change.
- Digital sound presets (8 step treble and bass adjustments that
can be stored as "preset 1" and "preset 2")
- ATRAC Type-R
User Manual: MZ-R910
Service Manual: MZ-R910
|Battery Life (SP/LP2/LP4)||Play||Record||Recharge|
|30/38/42 hr||12/17/21 hr||6h cradle, 3.5 hr direct)|
|AA x 1||45/52/62 hr||12/19/23 hr|
|Both||79/95/110 hr||30/43/52 hr|