- Unit plays and records MP3 audio files
- MP3 playback from 30-320kbps VBR
- MP3 recording selectable from 30-160Kbps.
- Records from LINE, built-in microphone, or FM tuner.
- Recorder has "retro" (time-machine) function that starts recording 30 seconds before button is pushed).
- Recordings can be edited (cut-in and cut-out points set).
- Internal 20GB hard drive (over 300 hours of 128kbps audio).
- USB 2.0 interface, audio can be transferred at up to 12MB/sec.
- 112 x 64 pixel backlit LCD panel (up to 8 lines of characters).
- FM tuner (88-108MHz, scan function, 30 preset stations).
- Unit functions as a mountable hard-disk drive -- MP3 files can be freely dragged and dropped
between the desktop and the device.
- Firmware updates downloadable from manufacturer's site.
- Manual recording level control (LINE/MIC inputs).
- Play modes: Normal, single, repeat all, shuffle, queue and scan.
- Sound controls: Volume, bass, treble, loudness, balance and bass boost.
Second generation of original Archos Jukebox 20 with several improvments:
- Recording mode now appends a part number (pt) to the audio file name, allowing you to start a new
recording in a new file with the press of a button. First file will be "mysong", second file will
be "mysongpt01". (Archos could still do with a course in UI design, but this is much better than
the interface on the Jukebox Recorder 20).
- LiIon battery.
- USB 2.0 (A-A) cable
- AC-DC adapter
- Factory installed LiIon battery
- Stereo headphones
- Carrying pouch
- MusicMatchTM Jukebox software
- Manual in 5 languages
Optional Accessories: Archos sells a US$50 external microphone and preamp designed to connect to the unit's LINE input.
Specs: SNR: > 90dB, headphone amp: 100mW.
User Manual: Jukebox FM Recorder 20