- MDLP Support
- "Turn-back" recording (time machine recording?)
- High-speed CD recording (LP2 mode: 2x, LP4 mode: 4x)
- "MD Title Station" copies titles from second MD unit when connected.
- CD 1-track recording (records one track and pauses)
- Auto-CD recording (whole CD recording)
- Synchro-CD recording
- MD and CD Play modes: 24 track program play, repeat play (1-track/all-tracks/program/group), shuffle play.
- Sound Virtualizer (?)
- Bass-reflex speaker
- Panasonic H.D.E.S and H.E.S.
- Timer modes: wakeup-timer, sleep-timer, timer-recording, sleep and timer-fade functions.
- LCD backlit display
- 3 line alphabet selection display for titling.
- Auto-off (turns unit off 10 minutes after CD/MD finished playing)
- CD-Text titles copied to MD while recording.
- 4 preset DSP based equalizer settings: "Heavy, Clear, Soft, Vocal".
- Unit sits on adjustable base, allows any
direction/angle to be set (20 degree vertical adjust range (+15/-5), 90 degree
horizontal adjust range (45 left/45 right)).
- Available in silver, blue, and black.
Panasonic's original press release for the RX-MDX55.
Panasonic's offical Japanese page for the RX-MDX55.
Specs: Amp: 5W (JEITA), Japanese FM: 76.0-90MHz
User Manual: J