||Current page: 11
To stop recording:
Press the /:OFF button.
- If the unit is left alone after the recording has stopped, the power will be turned off about 2 minutes later.
Press the /:OFF button while in the stop mode.
- After the track number has been written on the disc, the power will be turned off
automatically. (For details about the TOC, see page 20.)
To remove the MiniDisc:
Turn off the power and move the EJECT lever in the direction indicated by the
Recording from a tuner or a CD (Manual recording)
- Manual recordings can be started and stopped as you like.
- Put the unit in the recording stand-by mode. (Perform steps 1 - 4 in the "Synchro recording" section.)
- Press the button.
To interrupt recording:
- Recording will start.
- To record from a CD, press the button, and then start playback on the equipment connected to this unit.
- rack numbers can be created while recording. (Page 17)
Press the button while recording.
- The unit will enter the recording stand by mode.
- To resume recording, press the button again.
The track number will be increased by one each time you interrupt a recording.
Recordings can not be made in the following situations:
About the recording level:
- Recording on a playback-only MiniDisc (commercially available music)
- If a Minidisc is protected against accidental erasure (page 9)
Precautions when recording:
- If the recording level is too low, the playback sound volume may be too low to hear well. If it is too high, the playback sound may be greatly distorted. Since digitally recorded CDs have a large dynamic range (the volume can vary tremendously from very soft to extremely loud), do not set the recording level any higher than is necessary.
Precautions when inserting a Mini Disc:
- Do not jar or bump the main unit while recording. Otherwise, the recording may be unusable.
- Depending on the strength and type of playback signal in the original recording, the new recording may not begin or pause at the correct point when in the synchro mode. If this happens, try making a manual recording.
- To insert a Minidisc, push on the middle of the edge of the disc while holding it parallel to the main unit.
- If any resistance is felt, do not try to force the MiniDisc into the unit. It may cause more problems. If resistance is
felt, remove the MiniDisc and try reloading it.
- Whenever any button is pressed, the remote control display will light for about 4 seconds.
- The REC button does not light.
||Current page: 11