||Current page: 7
- When using the rechargeable battery and the alkaline batteries at the same time, do not remove either of them. If you do, while the unit is in the play mode, playback will stop. When in the recording mode, the recorded contents will be erased, and the power may be disconnected.
- Do not replace the batteries or the rechargeable battery during operation.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries (nickel-cadmium battery etc.) in the battery case.
- If the unit will not be used for a long period of time, remove the batteries. (Even if the power is turned off, the batteries will drain slowly but continuously.)
- Be sure to hold the plug when removing it. If you pull on the cord, it may break, or the unit may malfunction.
- Do not use any car adaptor except for the optionally available AD-CA20X.
- For information about battery life, see the battery section in the SPECIFICATIONS on page 40.
- This unit should only be used within the range of 32°F (0°C) and 104°F (40°C).
Alkaline battery power
Use of the optionally available alkaline battery case combined with the rechargeable battery will result in extended playback times.
- Use two, commercially available alkaline batteries (LR6, "AA" size).
- Insert the batteries into the battery case.
(1) Open the case cover.
(2) Insert the batteries according to the polarity marked on the inside of the battery case. Then, close the case cover.
- Attach the battery case to the main unit.
(1) Match the convex part of the battery case to the concave area in the main unit.
(2) Turn the screw in the direction marked "LOCK" to secure the battery case.
- Connect the cord from the AC adaptor to the DC IN 5V jack on the main unit.
- Plug the AC adaptor into an AC outlet.
- If there is an electrical storm in your vicinity, unplug the AC adaptor from the AC outlet.
- When the unit is not in use for extended periods, remove the AC adaptor from the AC outlet.
- Never use an AC adaptor other than the one specified. Otherwise, malfunctions or serious safety hazards may result.
- Do not bend, twist or tie the power cord or put heavy objects on top of it.
||Current page: 7