MPO Tests of Sony MDS-JB920 Loading Mechanism
Arnaud DEVILDER (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:55:54 +0200
Here are some results of the test we conducted on this new
SONY deck (MDS-JB920).
Our process engineers bought following brands:
We noticed the following failure rates:
- 100 pcs MAXELL
- 100 pcs TDK
- 50 pcs SONY COLOUR
- 50 pcs SONY ES
- 100 pcs Hi-SPACE
Failures are coming from the following causes:
- MAXELL 34%
- TDK 44%
- SONY COLOUR 57%
- SONY ES 46%
- Hi-SPACE 51%
MPO Point of View :
- The Minidisc loading tray of the player is slightly too narrow and it
scratches the MD shell and/or does not place the TOC at the right position
over the laser. Result: TOC is not read properly.
- Some of the MiniDisc shells are slightly too large. Result: new scratches, new
Many thanks for all your comments on the discs, which helps us to progress !!!
- Our shell moulder will propose to us a new adaptation of the current mould to
correct these troubles on Hi-SPACE discs (within 6 weeks).
- Create a new shell design (100% new will come by Autumn 1999) to avoid these kind
- For the current users of the MDS-JB920, insert the discs slowly (anyway, MD is not
as solid as a VCR, so take care when inserting discs on any model).
- For future customers of the MDS-JB920, please wait for a correction to be made to the deck.
Area Sales Manager
MPO MEDIA - 77 rue de Paris
F-92100 BOULOGNE BILLANCOURT
Tel : +33141105151 - Fax : +33141105144
http://www.hi-space.com - http://www.mpo.fr